Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ramen Noodles and Knitting

Who loves ramen noodles?
It seems to me that people either love them or hate them.
There's no in between.
I happen to think they look gross,
but because I grew up eating them with certain meals,
I really like them,
and they bring back lots of memories for me.
Plus they're super cheap, which doesn't hurt!



I know this looks like a pile of ramen noodles,
but really it's not.
This is a picture of the shawl that I knitted
and had to undo
THREE TIMES
because I couldn't get the size right.
Seriously, y'all.
Three Times.

And I even knitted a guage swatch to begin with!
Ugh.
Sometimes I think I need some formal knitting classes.

Incidentally,
who knew that the yarn stayed so kinked up
after knitting with it?
Not me.


Anyway ... here's a (ugly iphone) picture
of how the shawl came out in the end.
(Pay NO attention to the ugly bathroom!!) 
I really like it,
and am glad that I made the effort to re-do it.

Now I just have to wait
for the weather to get cold enough to wear it!!

No comments: