Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Adventures in Refinishing

I wouldn't exactly call myself adventurous.
I mean ... 
I have traveled to some fun places
and have done some fun things in my life
but mostly I love to stay home
and be with family and friends
and lead a quiet life
full of frappucinos. :)

So, when I'm looking for an adventure,
I end up turning to new crafty projects to get my fix.
(I know, I'm a dork.)



Recently, I decided that I needed to do something
with this old wardrobe from my childhood
which has been sitting in my garage
collecting dust
and bugs
and sticky old frappucino cups.
(I know ... gross.)

I have a vivid memory as a child
of coming home one day 
and opening this wardrobe
to find a brand new purple flowered dress hanging in it.
Best Day Ever for my 6 year old self!

Incidentally, I found out recently
that this wardrobe
actually belonged to my mom
when she was a little girl.
Needless to say,
it has a lot of meaning to me.



SO ...
with the help of my awesome sister in law,
I'm embarking on an adventure
to refinish it
and use it as a storage cabinet in my office area.
Three guesses what color it will be when I'm done with it.
(Bet you only need 1 guess!)

I'm gonna have to rely on Suzanne
for a lot of the heavy labor
since my shoulder still acts up when I try to use it a lot.
Plus, I really don't know what I'm doing
and Suzanne does.
She's AWESOME at refinishing furniture.

Stay tuned for pictures of the finished product!
(If it turns out well, I might have a list of other things I want to work on!!)




2 comments:

The Bigbies said...

YAY! So glad you're finally tackling this!

Sara said...

Katie! It's already looking great! I was telling my sister in law about all your fun refinishing projects!!!