Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hats, Mittens, and Shoes!

A friend of mine recently commissioned me
to make baby gifts
for her two brand new nephews.

We went to this fun store downtown
and picked out some great yarns
and then I set to work making
hats and mittens and shoes.


Here's the first set ... 
LOVE the green and gray!


I put little crocheted buttons on the sides of the shoes.


And the little mittens.
These were my favorite to make.
And I actually learned a new knitting technique in the process!
The Magic Loop
(sounds weird, but it really is a cool technique!!)


Here is the other set.
We didn't know if this was going to be for a girl or boy,
so we made it gender neutral
and planned to add flowers if it turned out to be a girl.


These shoes remind me of Oreos.
Yum.



No comments: