Sunday, July 17, 2011

Black & Cream



I'm currently working on a special black & cream quilt.

Lots of hours have gone into this quilt,
and there are still lots more hours to go!


I've spent months sewing all these arcs together.
Seriously.
Months.


Last week, I finished the arcs
and moved on to these elliptical shapes.

In the process of cutting all of these ellipses,
I discovered my new favorite sewing tool ...


... this tiny rotary cutter!
Perfect for cutting around plastic templates!
SO much easier than tracing with a fabric pencil
and then cutting with regular scissors.
Where have you been all my life??!!??


I'm at the point now where I'm sewing the arcs to the ellipses.
Curved seams ... Yikes!
It's a little scary, but I love the way it's coming out!

Can't wait to see it come together!!!
I'll be sure to post more as I make progress. 

No comments: