Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Nieces are Starbucks Junkies

My nieces love frappucinos.


I guess they come by it honestly.
I mean, what can you expect when their mom and aunt 
are rarely seen without a frappucino in their hands?

So, the other day,
I took my nieces to Starbucks
to celebrate their graduations with a frappucino.

No, they are not headed off to college in the Fall.
They just graduated from preschool and kindergarten.
That's right ... they are 4 and 6.
And they already love coffee ... a lot.

I hope Social Services is not reading this blog.

Anyway ... 
As we were sitting in the comfy chairs at our local Starbucks,
my nieces were quick to point out that they were lacking
for their frappucinos.

Not kidding.

So, like a good auntie,
I took them by the hand
and walked them the two blocks to my favorite fabric store
and let them pick out fabrics to make their very own cozies.

The fabrics they chose
are as different as their little personalities.

I love it.


Anneliese chose these sweet 
under-the-sea prints.


While Mary Rose
opted for the bright, bold Dr. Seuss look.



Here they are ...
ready and waiting for the next
Auntie date at Starbucks.

We'll have to do that soon.

No comments: