Saturday, August 7, 2010

My New Addiction










A few weeks ago,
while out with my sister-in-law and her mom and another friend,
we stumbled across a fabulous knitting store.

I asked if we could go in briefly
because I was looking for an easy shawl pattern.
Little did I know that I would walk out with two patterns 
and a bag full of luxurious yarn!




Can you believe that I chose the green / blue colorway
for one of my shawls?
Honestly, I never would have chosen this
had they not had one already on display made of this exact yarn.
I couldn't resist!

I am happy to report that I am nearly finished with this particular shawl,
(thanks in part to the owner of the shop who spent 3 hours with me last weekend 
making sure that I understood the pattern!)
and once I learn how to block it,
I will post pictures.



I also found this yarn,
but they didn't have enough skeins
so I had to search online and order it from yarn.com
(Who knew there was a yarn.com?)


Yes ... it's half silk and half merino.
If I could afford to buy enough to make a big afghan out of this,
I would.
It is so soft and silky
and RED!!!


I still have a lot of work to do on this wrap,
but it's crochet, so it seems to go quicker than knitting.
This is a really flirty short "tea wrap"
and I seriously can't wait to wear it with a black dress
this Christmas season!!

More pictures to come when both shawls are finished!

2 comments:

Heather said...

these are going to be beautiful! i love the blue/green thread, of course! i can't wait to see both of them when you are finished!

Sara said...

thanks heather! i hope to be able to show more soon! i'm almost finished with both!!