Monday, July 12, 2010

Owls Owls and More Owls


Do you remember those good old college days
when you would go to your post office box on campus
and open it to find a notice that you had received a care package?


Care package days were seriously the best days of my college career.
Well ... excluding my graduation day, of course!

I loved standing in line at the post office window 
with my package notice in hand,
anxiously running through the list of loved ones 
who would have taken the time to fill a box up with fun treats to send to me.
It wouldn't even matter so much what was inside ...
more than anything I just loved relishing in the tangible evidence that I was loved.



One day I got a care package from my grandma
and it was a big box full of these.
Nothing else.
She remembered me saying that I loved them,
so she sent me a truck load of them.

I loved her.



Now that I am all "grown up" (note the quotation marks)
and have a house of my own,
the care package process is a little bit different,
but equally as exciting!

Lookie what arrived in my mailbox just last week!
I might have ripped this package open in the middle of my driveway
when I saw it was from my best friend from college, Mary.
 I know ... I need to work on patience.



Owls, owls, and more owls!!!
Stickers, notecards, a folder, and a notebook!
... and a sweet note saying that they were calling out to her at the store to buy them for me.
Don't I have the bestest best friend EVER?



Look at these adorable owlies!!!!
They might not ever leave their pristine package.


I'm thinking that one of these owl cards
will become a thank you card soon!!!

THANK YOU, MARY!

You made me feel loved.

No comments: