Thursday, June 10, 2010

Race for the Cure

On Saturday, I ran the 

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
in Washington, DC,
in memory of my mom and my grandma.


The race took place on the National Mall, 
so it was the perfect opportunity for some scenic photos!
This is us before the race.



And after the race ...
I ran it with two of my friends from college - Mary & Kate.
Mary had her 3-month-old daughter Molly with her.
Molly slept for the whole race, and afterwards woke up with all smiles.
She might be the happiest baby I've ever met ...
Well, maybe it's a tie between her and Heather's daughter Leilani.
:o)



Here we are after we're all cleaned up after the race.

Such a fun weekend ...
... and it was so good to see these ladies again!!

4 comments:

mary said...

Yay!!!! It WAS a wonderful time -- let's do it again SOON!!!

Sara said...

you're ON! :o)

Heather said...

sara, you're so pretty!!! (just sayin' from the photos!) so glad you got to go run this race with 2 friends!

Sara said...

heather, you're so nice!!! :o)