Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bad News, Good News ...

This is what happens when your camera bag falls off the hook on the back of a public restroom door
onto the cement floor below.



The protective lens filter seems to have worked to protect the glass part of the lens, 
but the force of the fall did damage to the focus mechanism.
So, I can only take pictures with my zoom lens (which fortunately was not damaged in the fall!)
The actual camera still takes pictures but is rattling and making weird noises.

I'm very thankful that my friend Deb encouraged me to purchase the extended warranty when I bought this camera two years ago ... it covers accidental damage ... 
"even damage caused by your own negligence."

WOO HOO!

So, today I will be taking it to the camera store to get a replacement.

No comments: