Monday, May 24, 2010

Merry Christmas



This is a picture taken in my living room


THIS MORNING
Not kidding.

My friend Cynthia helped me put up these vinyl letters in December of last year
and I have procrastinated in taking them down
(That's a bit of an understatement, don't you think?)

At this point, I'm thinking I should just tough it out and leave them up there, 
since it's only 6 more months until they will be an appropriate wall decoration again.
:o)

Speaking of Christmas ...
I just finished a Christmas quilt I've been working on for the past 18 months (or has it been 24 months?)
It was a "block of the month" program at People Places and Quilts
and now it is a wall hanging that will replace this quilt during the holiday season


This is my mom's Southern Album quilt, which stays on my living room wall for most of the year.
During the summer, I have a red and aqua quilt that I hang on the wall.
I suppose it's about time to put that one up!
And now ... at Christmas time
(and ONLY at Christmas time ... I promise)
I'll hang this one :


(pay no attention to the clothespins holding this up over the other quilt for the photo)

Isn't this a great pattern?
I love the colors.  Of course.
I had a lot of fun putting it together.
I just have a couple of little embellishments to add ... 
... some beads and other decorations here and there.



This is my favorite block
A partridge in a pear tree



I mean ... how much fun is that?


I also love this block of candles
and how Vickie (who quilted it for me) put little golden halos around the flames


And look at the fun swirlies Vickie made in the snow!
Love them.

And I suppose that since we're on the subject of Christmas
I should remind everyone that June is right around the corner
And you know what that means ...
... the start of my annual Christmas ornament.

This year ... the baby Jesus.
Seriously can't wait.




2 comments:

mary said...

I still have a pile of Christmas cards sitting on our kitchen bookshelf -- it is driving me crazy to have them there, but I just don't have a good system for them and hate to just throw them all away. So, there they sit... Christmas in May!

Sara said...

good to know i'm not the only one! :o)