Friday, May 21, 2010

The Dangers of Couponing

A couple of years ago,

thanks to my fun college friend Amanda,
I started shopping at CVS.

I was intrigued by Amanda's claims that she never paid for things like
toothpaste
shampoo
deoderant
razors
lotion
makeup
etc...

How could anyone NOT pay for these things?
Ever?!?

Well, I'm here to tell you that she's right.
I now no longer pay for any of those things either!!
It has become a game to me ... how much useful stuff can I get for free?
(If you want to learn how to do this, Jenny at Southern Savers has a great guide to shopping at CVS,
and she posts the good CVS deals every week)

The only danger about all these great deails is that 
I am the only person in my household
so, I end up with a lot of extra loot.


And when I say a lot, I mean a lot.
I mean ... there is only so much free toothpaste that one person can use!!!


Here is a picture of all of the EXTRA stuff I currently have, which I do not need.
Crazy, huh?

So, here's the deal.
For all of my local Charleston friends,
(and Mary & Kate, since I will be visiting you in 2 weeks!)
if you see something here that you (or someone you know) could use,
it's yours.
Absolutely Free.
Today, I'll be like WalMart ... passing my savings on to you.

First come, first served.
Just leave me a comment to let me know what you want, 
and include your email so that I can contact you.

If I still have stuff left by the end of the month,
I'll donate them to the Our Lady of Mercy Outreach Center on Johns Island
(which, by the way, is a fantastic organization that my family has been working with for years)
Deal?

OK ...
So here are some closeup pictures, and descriptions of what is up for grabs.


2 Right Guard Total Defense 5 Power Gel Men's Deoderant (Fresh Blast Scent)
Covergirl Foundation (2 in Ivory & 1 in Classic Ivory)
2 Bayer Aspirin Quick Release Crystals - 4 pack
1 Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Monitoring System
Aussie shampoo - "Aussome Volume)
2 Dove Shampoo - Go Fresh with Cool Moisture (Cucumber & Green Tea Scent)


4 packages Stayfree pads (Super)
1 Dentek Floss Picks (fresh mint)
2 Schick Intuition Plus razors (variety pack with 1 shea butter and 1 milk & honey)
2 Natural Dentist Healthy Gums Daily Oral Rinse (Peppermint Twist)
5 Colgate Total (these are going with Jodi to the Lowcountry Orphan Relief)
4 Toothbrushes (these are also going with Jodi to the Lowcountry Orphan Relief)



9 Dry Idea Deoderants for Women (these will go with Jodi to the Lowcountry Orphan Relief)
2 Dove Cool Moisture Conditioner (Green Tea Scent)



1 Schick Hydro 3 Razor for Men
1 Blade 5 Razor & Trimmer for Men
1 Schick Quattro Titanium for Men (Wolverine Limited Edition)


Let me know if you - or someone you know - want any of these items!

15 comments:

Andrea said...

ooo... I'll take a shampoo & conditioner along with 2 packs of those things that a woman could use after having a baby- you get my drift. I'm glad to be benefiting from all your hard work since mine never seems to work out quite right!

katie said...

um wow. can i call dibs on one dove shampoo and one conditioner?

i did the cvs thing for a while and then i got mad because I let $12 worth of extra care bucks expire. yeah, that wasn't a typo. $12 - free money. gone. oy!

ps- we all missed seeing you at dinner last night.

Sara said...

of course, girls!
yay!
Andrea - I'll bring your to church on Sunday.
Katie - I need to get with you sometime. $12 in expired ECB!!!! ugh!!!!!
I missed you guys last night! Wish I could have come!!!

RachelM said...

I'll take the intuition razors!!! I need to shave!!!

RachelM said...

I'll take the razors-intuition!!!

Sara said...

ok rachel! i'll bring them to church on sunday for you.

mary said...

I don't want to take anything away from the needy folks at the outreach center, but I totally meant to buy some of those floss picks today at the grocery store and forgot all about it. If you have room in your suitcase, bring them along!! (Unless someone else wants them...) My 3-year-old had her first dental check-up this week, and the dentist is big on children flossing. I can't see it happening without the use of these handy picks... Can't wait to see you!!! :-)

Sara said...

of course, kate! don't worry ... i donate plenty to folks who truly need it. :o)
i'll throw the floss picks in my suitcase, and they're all yours!
can't believe it's only 2 weeks until i'll be at your house!!! wow.

JLG said...

WOW!!! Hilarious but my current list includes shampoo, conditioner, and the intuition razors! I love them because you don't have to also buy shaving gel ;) I'd take any shampoo your other friends don't get if there's one left and same with razors. Good excuse to meet up for coffee maybe? On me!

Heather said...

i feel like such a cheese. BUT... i'll take the natural dentist healthy gums wash, and any of the men's razors that no one wants - ryan will use whatever :), especially if they are free! thanks so much, sara! you're such a cutie with great ideas - sharing with your friends and low country orphan relief! i'm so impressed with you, as always!

carlisle clan conversation... said...

Love it...so cute to share your goodies! Just a note ECB's NEVER expire, the clerk just has to do an override. Happy Shopping!

Sara said...

ok ...
Heather, you got it ... scottie said he'd take whatever, but he's got suzanne shopping for him, too ... so i'll bring you 2 of the 3 razors, and the healthy gums. i'll bring them to church tomorrow, ok? :o) you crack me up.
Jen, i'll keep my eye out for shampoo & razors for you ... i'm always getting them for free, and i'm well stocked for myself now. and, of course, i'm always up for coffee!!!!

Sara said...

jenni ... interesting ... i've had them expire on me, and the cashier just said i couldn't use them. i'll have to ask about an override . that would come in handy!!!

JLG said...

I got so excited for the Sunday paper to check out the CVS ad and there wasn't even one in there :(

Sara said...

oh no jen! look at southern savers dot com ... she's got a list of all the deals for the week. you can make $4 by buying body wash for lee. :o)