Saturday, May 8, 2010

Baby Boom

I think there's something in the water that my friends are drinking.


Not kidding.
I have made gifts for 5 babies born in the last 3 months.
And that's only for my CLOSE friends!
Crazy!

For all the baby girls,
I've decided to make smocked dresses.
Needless to say, I've been sewing like mad to get these done.

Here's a picture of all three together :


Three little dresses all in a row.
You might remember me posting about getting started on each of these recently.



Here's a closeup of the smocking on the green dress.
I went out of my box on this one. 
I usually don't choose blues and greens,
but I really like the way this came out!



This dress is right up my alley ... RED!
It's hard to see the smocking in this picture, but I like the simplicity of it.



Of course, they all have labels on them.
This might be my favorite part of making dresses ...
... being able to write their names in them after they are born!



Yay!
They're done!
(finally)

And a Happy Mother's Day to all these mothers, too!
(one day early!)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay, how fun! I'm just waiting for Mackenzie to start walking so I can put on the smocked dress you made her. Yeah! Oh, and we have one more coming in November, so you can plan - will find out in July if boy/girl. :)

Sara said...

There is something very wrong about hearing a dear friend is pregnant with her fourth child via a comment on my blog post. :o)

congratulations, amanda!!!

Andrea said...

You are awesome... love baby lowder's red dress!

Sara said...

SOOO glad you like it andrea! don't forget to give it back once she's born, so that i can put the label on it! :o)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great blog....Enjoyed my stop at your blog...Hope you will visit me....Just posted on MAKING a DIFFERENCE!
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/