Friday, April 16, 2010

National Race for the Cure


In 2003, I lost my mom to breast cancer.
She fought for 11 years.
She was very brave.
She was my hero.
The following year, her mother ... my grandmother ... died from the same disease.

I am a huge advocate for early screenings and prevention, 
and am involved with the Charleston Breast Center on a local level.
But, I also feel that it is important to be involved on a national level, too.

That is why,
on Saturday, June 5th,
I will be in Washington, DC ... running the National Race for the Cure
in memory of both my mom and my grandma.

And ... as a measure of support for the Susan G. Komen Foundation,
from now until race day,
a portion of the proceeds from the sale of any PINK items in my shop
will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation
(in addition to my regular donations to the Charleston Breast Center).

So, if you've been wanting a pink coffee cozy
or a cute pair of pink baby mary janes for the new baby in your life
or a reusable shopping bag like this one

then there is no better time than now!

Additionally, if you would like to donate in support of my race,
there is a button on the right that will take you directly to my support page.

Let's do what we can to kick breast cancer's tail!

3 comments:

mary said...

YAY!!!! Can't wait to run with you -- and catch up in person!!! :-)

Heather said...

glad you are doing this, sara! you're an awesome gal!

Sara said...

awww thanks heather! so are you!!!