Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Black & White & Red All Over

OK ... not "red all over" ... just "black & white"
(I was looking for a catchy title)
:o)

I got an order for 26 custom black & white belts for a ladies golf tournament here at the Club. I've been working on them recently ... it's a whole lot more work than I anticipated! But, I think they're going to turn out nice!

Here are some photos so far ...


The fronts of the belts are "patchwork"
with various lengths of different black & white fabrics
sewn together randomly.

So far, I have one (really) long strip sewn together,
and I plan to cut all the belt fronts from it.


Each belt will be reversible, and are made of one long strip of polka dot fabric.
I made half of them with this fun polka dot stripe
and the other half with a standard small polka dot fabric.
I figure it's good for the two teams to be slightly different.



Check out the bamboo buckles.
I was looking for these in black, but I actually think the natural will work better, because it won't blend into the belt.

I'll post more pictures once they are done ...
... until then, it's back to work!

No comments: