Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ornaments, Schmornaments

For those of you who don't know me personally ...
I make a Christmas ornament every year for friends and family.

This year will be the 11th year that I've been doing this ...
and my list has gotten out of control - this year, I'm up to 100 people!!!

Needless to say, I have to start making these ornaments very early in the year in order for them to be finished in time for Christmas!

SO ... this week, I started the 2009 edition.
Last year started a series of nativity ornaments.
This year's ornament is Joseph, the father of Jesus.

Anyway ... here's a preview of my progress on the Josephs.


Wow ... that's a lot of bald, faceless heads on clothespin bodies.

I'm a little tired of painting with flesh color.
Next week, I'm planning to paint his hair / beard and face.

And just for kicks ... here is how his wife turned out last year.


I seriously can't wait for next year ... my dad has already agreed to help me with the little mangers for the baby Jesus.

3 comments:

Tommye said...

That's a lot of ornaments! I stitch an ornament for my family and some friends every year... about 30 years now! But my list is only about 25 strong. I usually do about a dozen in Jan. while I'm still in the mood, but not stressed.

Love your label, btw. lol.

tjbdesigns
http://stitchingandbeading.blogspot.com

Eowyn's Heir said...

that is so fun! :) I love making ornaments with my preschoolers!

Sara said...

yeah ... i am usually burned out by january, so starting in the summer is usually what I end up doing ... working on painting joseph's hair and beard today ... ha!