Saturday, July 4, 2009

My sister made me do it ...

Every Tuesday, my sister-in-law and her mom, and sometimes my dad's wife, come over and sew at my house. It's a lot of fun, and a good way to consistently work on all our sewing projects each week.

Well, this past Tuesday, there was no sewing going on at my house. Why, you ask? Because we spent the ENTIRE evening (and, the entire next morning, for me!) sorting through our coupons! Seriously. Suzanne and I are well known for chasing down good deals on all sorts of stuff, although she is MUCH better at it than I am. Suzanne brought her brand-new organized binder with her, and I was drooling with envy. So, we made a quick trip to Walmart to buy supplies, and we sat down to re-organize my stuff.

Here's what I now have :


This is a big 2" binder, with a zipper all the way around.
I am - of course - not a big fan of the pink, but don't worry ... I'm currently thinking of a plan that would take care of that ... more later, if it's successful.


Inside, there are multiple plastic baseball card holder sheets, filled with coupons.
Also, there are LOTS of tabs, to divide the coupons into categories.
(The hardest part for me is figuring out which category is the best to put each coupon in)


Now, I can SEE all my coupons, and easily find them!
It's going to be so much easier to save money now. yahoo!
I love being organized.

PS - I might feel just a *little* bit like a dork right now.

2 comments:

Eowyn's Heir said...

where do you GET so many coupons??

Sara said...

hmmm ... online and the sunday paper. i've been collecting them for a while, so I have a pretty good stash ... but, they expire so quickly that they rotate out quickly.