Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I heart sewing.

What would you do if you had a pile of scrap fabric as pretty as this?

I love looking at all the colors in this pile of scraps ...
But, this week, I saw past all the colors, and instead,
looked at my scraps from a different point of view.

And, when I was done, I had created my DREAM coffee cozy ....

I made it out of the selvedges!

Ever since I saw this dress over at Ric-Rac, I knew it was just a matter of time ...


The dots make me happy.
And, I love the cleanness of the white background, too ... very fresh and simple.
This cozy is lined with off-white linen.
So cool for the summer.


And, of course, my cozies wouldn't be my cozies without the little red owl!

This one will be taking up residence in my purse for my summer frappucino trips.

What do you think ...
should I put some of these in my shop?

Am I the only person who thinks this is fun,
or do you think others would love to have one?
I mean, will people like this, even if they don't sew?

I would love your thoughts!


4 comments:

Julie said...

I think its fun-put some in your shop :)

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Andrea said...

this by far is my favorite! The stripes and details... I love it.

Over Coffee - the green edition said...

I vote for putting them in your shop! Very cute.

Heather said...

i LOVE it! it's amazing! i think you can make anything! put it in your shop, but charge more :). i know it was a lot of work.