Thursday, July 2, 2009

Experimenting with Cozies

So ... after I made my dream cozy, I decided to experiment a little bit and come up with some fun new designs for the shop.

Here's what I came up with ...



I continued the "striped" look from my selvedge cozy and made a striped cozy out of three of my blue Amy Butler fabrics. These are always really popular among my customers.



If you can't decide between my other blue cozies, why not have a little of each, right?


What do you think about this one?
I think I might need to tweak the stripe pattern a little, but I think it's close.
I can see doing this in different colorways.


I also tried a "patchwork" style cozy with my pink & green fabrics.


I'm not sure I'm completely happy with this one, but I think it has potential. I need to go back to the drawing board on how to lay out the patchwork.

I do like the variety of different fabrics on the outside of a cozy ... it's fun and creative!

What do you think?
Which do you prefer ... stripes or patchwork?

2 comments:

Bea said...

Stripes! I love stripes and polka dots! Maybe with the patch work idea you could make one fabric with patchwork polka dots over laying on it? It will still have patch work. Just an idea!

Sara said...

oooo ... great idea, Bea! I was thinking of combining the patchwork and selvedges, too! i'll have to see what I can come up with!