Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cutest. Dress. Ever.

Remember when I told you about this dress that I had started making for my friend Shannon? Well, I've been hard at work recently, and here are some pictures of how it turned out :




Isn't it adorable?
Shannon did such a great job of picking out the pattern!



Here's a close-up of the collar in the front.
I picked out some buttons from my mom's stash ... not sure if they are vintage or not, but they are really cute little pink flowers.



Here's a view of the back ... the pinafore buttons in the back with two buttons which match the pink dress underneath.


Closeup.

There's also a pair of pantaloons out of the brown fabric, but I didn't get a picture of them ...


4 comments:

The Bigbies said...

i think you should offer lessons. i'm just saying.

Sara said...

so nice, katie! ... i'm just not sure i'm great at teaching. maybe one day ...

Heather said...

i love it! you are seriously SO talented, and it looks EVEN cuter in person!!! wow!

Sara said...

awww thanks heather! i'm so glad you got to come over sunday! we should definitely have a sewing party one day!