Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Some Custom Sewing Work ...

I just finished up some fun custom projects for a client ...

Can you guess what it is?

It's a baby bumper ... custom made to fit this client's brand-new crib
for her soon-to-be-born son. And when I say "custom made to fit" I really mean it ... right down to the placement of the ties so that they would be symmetrical when tied on the slats.


Here's a close-up ...
The main fabric is a white woven ... crisp and very pretty.
The ties are silk ... robin's egg blue.
And, it has some chunky piping at the top.
I think it's going to be very handsome in her dark-wood crib ...
can't wait to get a picture to share!

I also made custom cushions to fit this client's glider for their master bedroom :

I somehow have a hard time not thinking of this whenever I look at the back of this chair.
Weird, I know.


A close up of the fabric ... it's a really nice natural woven fabric.
It matches really well with their bedroom decor.

It was definitely nice to change it up a bit and do some different things.
I've been making so many coffee cozies and shopping bags for my shop recently that I almost forgot it was possible to sew other things!



2 comments:

Jon said...

we need to chat about you hookin up my couch... We have been talking about getting new covers made for the cushions for a while.

Remind me to tell you about it when i see you.

Sara said...

ok - maybe after i get back from ireland ...