Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Seeing Pink ... A GIVEAWAY!
No, you don't have to adjust your screen ... and no, I didn't decide to change my company name to "Pink Owl Designs" (although I'm sure my sister-in-law, who LOVES pink, wouldn't mind if I jumped on that bandwagon.)
Remember this post - where I said I would get around to explaining why I bought all sorts of pink fabric for my shop on our recent trip to Mary Jo's? Well ...
Recently, I have been doing some work with the Charleston Breast Center, a non-profit medical center here in Charleston that provides comprehensive breast care for women. This place is really fantastic. I know because I've been a patient there for the last year. Because both my mother and my grandmother died from breast cancer, I go for regular screenings to make sure that I continue to remain healthy. I have had a number of screenings/tests at the Charleston Breast Center over the course of the last year, and have consistently been impressed with the entire facility ... not only are they supremely competent, but they care. They see you as an individual, and they take time to invest in your health. (And, these days, you don't find that very often!)
Because of my family history, and my experience with this center, I decided that I wanted to support them in whatever way I can. SO ... I am VERY happy to announce that I am making a new line of pink items for my shop, and I will donate a portion of the proceeds from those items to the Charleston Breast Center.
The first set of pink items are in the shop now (just look for the pink owl in the photos), and I'll be adding more as time goes on. If you see something there you'd like to purchase, just know that you'll not only be getting a quality handmade item, but you'll also be helping support a very worthy cause.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment and/or tour of the center, click on their logo below :
And ... now for the giveaway ... just to continue the love, I'm going to give away a reuseable shopping bag (your choice!) to one of my lucky blog readers! No strings attached. Seriously ... you know you want to enter! (I'm so excited ... I won my first giveaway from Linda over at Craft Apple a few months ago, and I really want to pay it forward). SO ... here are the rules, people:
1. Go to my shop. (Click here)
2. Choose your favorite reuseable shopping bag.
3. Leave a comment to tell me which one is your favorite ... you know - the one you want me to send to you if you are the winner!
4. For an additional entry, tweet about this contest with a link back to this post (just make sure to tell me you tweeted it in your comment, and leave your twitter handle so that I can verify!)
5. For an additional 5 entries, blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post (again, make sure to tell me in your comment, and leave a link to your blog post)
6. For an additional 15 (YES, 15!) entries, purchase a qualifying pink item in my shop to help support the Charleston Breast Center. (There are a lot of really cute coffee cozies that qualify for this!)
7. Make sure to include in your comment an email address for me to get in touch with you if you win. I wouldn't want you to miss out on getting your fun new bag! (and, just to be clear ... I will only use your email to contact you if you are the winner.)
I'll pick a winner by random drawing on June 24th! Spread the word, folks!!!