Monday, May 11, 2009

New Fabric for The Shop

This weekend, I went to the mountains for our annual girls' sewing weekend at the cabin. Of course, this trip included a stop at the famous Mary Jo's cloth store. We spent half a day there, picking out fabrics for different projects, and I used the opportunity to purchase some new fabrics for my shop.

Here's a preview of things to come :


Amy Butler's Optic Blossom in Olive, and Wall Flower in Pink
I love this combination. I also think the Wall Flower fabric will be very pretty paired with cream linen.


Michael Miller's Disco Dot in "sorbet", paired with Robert Kaufman pink polka dot.
I love pink and green together ... maybe it's because I live in Charleston?


The pink polka dot also goes well with another pink fabric I had previously purchased.
I think these will make great coffee cozies.
Have you noticed how much pink fabric I purchased? There is a reason for that ... more details to come later!


Again ... Amy Butler's Wall Flower, this time in the Sky colorway.
I see this paired with cream linen ... great for shopping bags or coffee cozies! LOVE the grey.


Michael Miller's Disco Dot in "caribe", paired with either FreeSpirit's Snow Blossom in lime green or Robert Kaufman's solid blue. Fun and fresh!

What do you think? Which new fabric combo is your favorite?


4 comments:

Suzanne said...

well, duh, you know i love pink! you didn't mention our little detour to pottery barn outlet....maybe we should petition for one in n. chas?

Red Owl Designs, LLC said...

well, that too! :o) i hope you like your bday gift ... it *is* pink. :)
we definitely need to petition for a pottery barn outlet in north charleston. I should post about my new red lamp!

Shannon said...

My favorites are the 2 paired with pink polka-dots, but you know why I have pink on the brain. If I send you a dress pattern, could you make Mary a dress? Love,
shannon in stl

Red Owl Designs, LLC said...

shannon! of course i will make mary a dress ... if you send the pattern over soon, I can probably get it done before your visit in July! (by the way ... can't wait to see you!!)