Thursday, May 21, 2009

Knit One, Purl One, Knit One, Purl One ...

Last week, two of my aunts and one of my cousins were in town visiting, and we had a girls knitting night while they were here. (Well, it was more like a knitting class for the four of us who didn't know how to knit already)

Aunt Nori and Katie were so gracious to bring everyone knitting needles and fun cotton yarn, along with dishcloth patterns to practice with. I have been crocheting since I was very young, so it took me a while to adjust to using 2 needles instead of just one. (Who am I kidding ... I'm*still* adjusting to it!) The rhythm seems harder to me, but I'm really liking it.

Here's a little peak at what I'm working on ...


Are you surprised I'm not using red yarn???


Note the number "20" on the nifty little yellow contraption (otherwise known as a row counter for those who are familiar with knitting) ... I've already finished 20 rows! I can't believe it! Only 45 (!) more to go before my dishcloth is finished. I think knitting will be a good way to learn patience ...

Maybe one day I'll be able to make a sweater ... or even just a wrap. We'll see.

No comments: