Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Crossing Things Off My List ...

Ask anyone who knows me well ... I am famous for having multiple sewing projects going at once. Call it A.D.D., or being overly ambitious, or just plain not wanting to ever be bored ... but, at any given time I am working on at least 3 projects, with many more planned or "in the works." I have heard other creative people say that they have an "unfinished objects" pile ... I have one too, and it is getting out of control.

SO ... in an effort to reign things in, I decided to finish some of these ongoing projects during our girls' sewing retreat this weekend. Here is a peek at four of the things I checked off my list.


New pillows for my sofa.
I have had this brown fabric for many months now, but have been waiting to find the right fringe to go with it. Of course, I found the perfect fringe at Mary Jo's!


Roman Shades for my studio windows.
I got the fabric on sale at Hancock's, and found the fun beaded fringe at Mary Jo's. All I have to do now is get my dad to cut me some wood to mount these to, and hang them in the windows. Can't wait to see how they look!


My Crazy Nine Patch quilt made with Moda's Wonderland fabric.
My sister-in-law, her mom, my dad's wife, and I took a class recently at our local quilt shop to learn how to make a Crazy Nine Patch quilt. It was so much fun, and so quick and easy to put the blocks together. I finished all 16 blocks for this throw quilt during the class, but didn't follow through to actually assemble the quilt and sew the borders on until the retreat.
Once this is quilted, I'll post a full picture.


Last January, I signed up for a "Christmas Block of the Month" program at our local quilt shop. Each month, we were assigned a quilt block to make, and at the end of the year, we would have blocks made for an entire quilt. Well, I still didn't have the last block made ... until this weekend. I finished the last block, and then assembled the quilt.
Can't wait to see this one quilted, and I'll definitely post a full picture once it's back from the quilter!

Wow ... it feels so good to get these things done! We need to have sewing retreats more often!

No comments: